Friday, June 11, 2010

Update on the Eyases!

Very brief update, but I thought I would share for those of you who are interested: The little baby falcons I told you about a few posts ago? They now are banded for future tracking and have names! Welcome little Jemison and Callidora!


Awwww...

I am curious as to how exactly names are chosen for these little guys. It's a good thing there is no falcon school, otherwise these two wee ones would be due for their fair share of sniggering.


They had to shoo the parents away in order to band the babies. I can just imagine Mama Falcon shouting, "HEY! Don't touch my babies!"

And for one last gratuitous birdie-pic before I belatedly slip off to bed, I stopped at the live-streaming falcon-cam shortly after 2AM (hey, I work nights, I am awake for a while after I get home). Look at this precious little screencap!

BabyFalcons
Fuzzy falcon cuddles!

Sleep tight, little eyases.

No comments:

Post a Comment